The GAA was established to promote quality services, share information and collaborate on important international issues, whilst operating in the interest of a quality accounting profession and the public interest.
Key Objectives of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA)
The over riding objectives of the GAA are those of operating in the interest of a quality accounting profession and the public interest.
In addition the GAA has the objective of:
- Enhancing the accounting profession and business through global leadership in the areas of thought leadership and research.
- Assisting the development of national accounting institutes and their national qualifications
- Promoting the brands represented by the member bodies through their linkages with the GAA, enabling growth for the member organisations.
- Increasing advocacy leverage with national regulators, Governments and stakeholders through member body collaboration, articulation of consensus views and working in collaboration with other international bodies such as IFAC.
- Increasing member benefits through overseas support mechanisms and value adding services.
- Promoting the international portability and recognition of the respective national qualifications, including specialisations, while ensuring that we always act in the public interest and do not set up any real or perceived barriers to other professional accounting bodies being able to conduct their business in any country.